As the owner of a startup company, you might have too many things on your To-Do List. The primary challenge is to achieve the desired return on investment within the given budget. The second biggest challenge is to let the world know about you and your products and services. If nobody knows about you and your services, it is impossible to conduct business, and in the modern digital ecosystem, search engines are the best place to begin it.
When you optimize your website for search engines, you let people know about your brand and how you can solve their problems and answer their needs. It also increases the visibility of your website on search engines. No wonder SEO is so crucial for startups!
Apart from increasing visibility on search engines, startups are supposed to do several other things to survive, such as market research, strategic planning, revenue generation, competitor analysis, brand building, etc. However, search engine optimization is at the core of everything. Before you do anything, you need to help people find your business online and build your brand.
4 Reasons Startups Can't Ignore SEO Anymore
No wonder SEO is termed as the soul of digital marketing. With billions of searches being performed on different search engines, search dominates the digital marketing landscape. It is the primary source of traffic for most brands because most of the searches are performed with commercial intent.
Therefore, your visibility on search engines should be at the bottom of your marketing plan, and everything else, such as revenue generation and brand building, is associated with it.
Here are a few reasons startups can't ignore search engine optimization:
1. A Powerful Element of Marketing
Ā After Google's launch in 1998, search engines became the primary tool for navigation of the World Wide Web. In the 21st century, online search has become an integral part of our day-to-day activities. These searches connect brands with customers globally. So, SEO can connect your brand with your clients on the lowest budget.
For example, when you search for water sports worldwide, you'll come across a listicle by Pandotrip, and the first entry introduces you to diving in Jellyfish Lake, in Eil Malk Island, Palau. Without search engine optimization, it could have been indeed challenging to know about this exotic water sports destination.
To sum up, you cannot do without SEO. If you cannot rank on the top slots on the SERPs (Search Engine Result Pages), try to get yourself mentioned in a top-ranking listicle or directory, and they will promote your business. A well-planned SEO strategy will improve your search engine rankings and online visibility.
2. SEO Helps You Scale Your Business on a Shoestring Budget
SEO makes the digital marketing landscape democratic. It means that search engines don't discriminate among small, medium, and large enterprises and provide you equal opportunities to appear in the search results. However, you need to be strategic in your SEO approach since the scale of the challenge is massive, especially for startups.
Startups don't have the marketing resources like the more prominent organizations and established businesses. It becomes challenging for them to compete with the existing players on the first page of search results. However, with a strategic approach towards content, on-page, and off-page SEO, you can gain search engine visibility similar to these top players. With the best SEO practices and knowledge of SEO fundamentals, you can earn the top slots with the popular keywords in a few months.
It will allow you to establish your brand identity and promote your products and services without spending heavily on advertising. Focusing on long-tail keywords is considered among the best SEO practices as it is easier to rank on these keywords. Apart from that, you get highly targeted traffic that boosts your conversion rate with long-tail keywords.
3. SEO Allows You to Collect Behavioral Data of Your Customers
With more than 66% of the global population accessing the Internet in 2021 and almost 93% online experiences starting with search, the world is becoming digital with an overwhelming intensity. Most of our decisions are based on data and technology these days. When you wish to fly abroad, you compare different airlines' prices, convenience, and safety online. You subconsciously decide which airlines to choose based on your online interactions and perceptions.
We also call it branding. Data constantly surrounds you through streaming videos, social media posts, blogs, user reviews, news, ad clicks, and branded content. It instantaneously helps us decide which brand to choose. That's why brands have a compelling need to increase their online presence and learn from their customers' behavioral data. The behavioral data can help you analyze the past, current, and future trends and accordingly adapt your SEO strategy.
The overwhelming data available on the Internet provides you with numerous opportunities to target new customers and serve the existing ones with better products.
Look at the overwhelming data produced on the Internet every minute. As a startup, you should maximize this data for strategy formulation and business growth.
4. SEO is Affordable Yet Brings Enormous Opportunities to the Table
The startup’s journey is characterized by a bumpy ride, cash crunch, confusion, lack of experience, and enormous challenges. In such a situation, search engine optimization comes to your rescue by helping you position your products and services and target the right audience. When you identify and use the popular keywords in your niche, you make your brand more searchable, so your target audience can easily find you organically.
- Let Your CMS Support Your SEO Strategy
SEO allows you to generate more traffic and leads virtually free of cost. All you need to do is find time for SEO and work systematically and strategically for a few months. You also need to figure out how to use your favorite content management system to implement your SEO strategy.
- Set Up an Analytics Account
The next step is to set up your analytics account and learn about the user behavior on your site. You will get enough insights to improve the right features on your website.
- Choose the Right Social Media Platforms
If you can generate leads through organic traffic, it will drastically reduce your marketing budget. You can complement your strategy with the right social media platforms, blogs, video hosting sites, and other tools to market your brand.
SEO is a low-cost option compared to the other paid marketing options such as Google Ads, social media ads, and purchasing leads from third-party vendors.
SEO Tips for Startups in 2022
Since SEO in digital marketing is the oldest online marketing practice, SEO for startups can be challenging. First of all, you need to define your SEO goals and objectives as it's an ongoing process and continues as you add more content to your website.
Start with the primary keywords people use to find businesses and products similar to yours. Focus on long-tail keywords initially and come back to short-tail keywords when you start ranking for the long ones. Here are a few SEO tips for startups in 2022:-1. Start with an SEO Strategy: Determine your goals and expectations from your website and build a solid SEO strategy accordingly.
2. Set Reasonably achievable goals: It's crucial to set short-term and long-term goals for your startup if you don't want to get caught up in the daily grind. For example, if you are looking for quality traffic for conversion, don't waste your time and money on general traffic and clicks.
3. Allocate a reasonable budget for SEO: Many startups don't allocate a specific budget for SEO, so their SEO activities become inconsistent.
4. Begin with your SEO practices right from building your website: Many startups implement SEO on poorly built websites, whereas SEO starts from a functional, user-friendly website that offers an exemplary user interface and user experience.
5. Make your website load faster: Minimize unnecessary elements and make your website load more quickly. It's a crucial Google ranking factor impacting user experience.
6. Focus on local SEO first: Local SEO is like claiming your physical existence on Google, the king of all search engines. Go to Google My Business and add all the necessary details to help people find you and know about your business.
7. Create a mobile-friendly website: Since mobile searches account for more than 70% of the overall search volume, focus on building mobile-friendly websites. Ensure that your website is fully functional on mobile devices and offers a seamless experience.
8. Spend time on competitive research: If you want to stay ahead of others, spend time on competitor research. Analyze their keywords, links, and other practices. It will save you time and money.
9. Target keywords with commercial intent: Don't work hard on every keyword suggested by your keyword research tool. Focus on the keywords with commercial intent and suitable for achieving your conversion goals.
10. Publish high-quality content: Use analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Buzzsumo to discover high-quality content. It should solve your prospects' problems and answer their needs and wants. Engaging content can lead you to the top of search engine result pages quicker than any other technique.
11. Hire white-label SEO services if confused: You can hire white-label SEO services if SEO seems overwhelming. This way, you'll save time and money and leverage the expertise of SEO professionals at an affordable cost.
Launching a startup is not for the frail and faint-hearted people. It is often a rollercoaster ride with challenging terrains. Initially, you need to invest a lot of time and money to survive. You face unpleasant situations and challenges almost every day, from tactical and operational to strategic front. And there is no way you can stop them unless you quit.
However, with strategic planning, you can make your life easy to a great extent. It is crucial to avoid the rush and make hasty decisions. If a strategic step, a partnership, or a tool can make your life easy, don't hesitate to grab this opportunity.
Search engine optimization is a proven strategy to promote a startup and sustain its growth. It's a worthwhile investment that keeps on paying rich dividends for a long time. Compared to the cost of the paid campaigns, it is virtually free of charge. If you don't have the required SEO skills or can't afford to hire numerous SEO experts for your agency, you can employ white-label SEO services from DashClicks and reap its unmatched rewards.