How to Get Clients for Digital Marketing: 7 Steps to Building a Strong Sales Pipeline for Your Agency
The digital marketing industry has undergone a significant transformation in the past couple of years. Increasing competition and the rise of social media have changed how companies advertise and interact with their customers. This shift in marketing puts pressure on companies to evaluate and pivot their marketing strategies and challenges agencies responsible for creating and managing these campaigns.
Social media is driving many changes in how people consume content, implying that agencies need to be more creative when connecting with their audiences. Not only do they have to create compelling content, but they also need to figure out how to get it in front of as many people as possible through social channels.
The challenge for digital marketing agencies is that these changes are happening so quickly that it’s difficult for them to keep up with all the new trends and platforms.
The Benefits of Building a Strong Sales Pipeline
The benefits of a strong client base go beyond revenue & profits. Businesses that enjoy a pipeline of quality prospects can also test new marketing and business strategies. You should refrain from casting a net out into the air and waiting for someone to enter it. A company with a solid client base can continue to focus on its services and expertise without going overboard with its marketing strategies.
Companies using their marketing strategies to attract new clients are more likely to generate repeat business. Prospects with a strong interest in an agency’s services are more likely to become paying customers and return for additional services.
Businesses that take the time to develop a solid client base are also better positioned to weather bad economic conditions or periods of slow sales. Sales may not always be consistent, but companies with a solid customer foundation can still keep their doors open. This type of resilience is key to long-term success.
However, there are a few steps agencies can take to ensure they stay relevant in this ever-changing industry.
Lastly, an agency needs to provide a good customer experience through customer service, which includes understanding their needs as well as being able to answer any questions they may have.
How to Get More Clients for Your Digital Marketing Agency?
Here are seven proven tips for finding more clients for a digital agency.
1. Use Your Website
Here are a few ways to get more clients from your website:
A. Create an Aesthetic Website
To explore how visitors behave on your website, use Google Analytics to analyze visitors’ navigation paths.
To do that, first, generate the Navigation Summary report by taking the following steps.
Click Behavior -> Site Content -> All Pages.
It will tell you how clients find a certain page and where they click next on your website.
Image Source: Hostinger
You can also look at the Users Flow report under the Audience menu to see a more exhaustive visualization of how visitors navigate your website.
Image Source: Hostinger
B. Pay Attention to Your Web Design and User Interface (U/I)
94% of the first impressions regarding your website are related to your design and user interface (U/I). Highlight your specialties and develop a brand identity. Align your web design with the services you offer. As an example, look how Marie Forleo attracts budding female entrepreneurs through her website.
Image Source: Marie Forleo
C. Add an “About Us” Section
An “About Us” section tells your visitors about your brand personality, mission, vision, and how you can add value to their lives. So, use this section carefully to showcase your passion and expertise. Keep it short and simple, and remove all fluff.
2. Provide an Excellent Customer Experience and Support Service
You should improve your customer experience to make your brand stand out. As per Forbes, “Customer experience is today’s business benchmark.”
Apart from a good transactional relationship, customers cherish a positive and delightful experience.
Consumers expect a wholesome positive experience with the brands they flock to, not just a transactional relationship. If you want to stand out from your competitors, focus on providing a 360-degree customer experience.
Image Source: SuperOffice
Here are five practical tips to improve customer experience –
- Leverage the power of chatbots, Artificial Intelligence tools, and natural language processing that allows you to understand what people mean in free-form text messages.
- Make an omnichannel strategy for a unique customer experience.
- Deliver world-class customer service.
- Train your front-end staffers effectively.
- Include self-service options on your website such as support content, walkthrough videos, case studies, etc.
3. Use Your Existing Network
Start with the people you know and let your family, friends, and colleagues find out about your business. Distribute your visiting cards and mention your business everywhere possible, especially on social occasions and events.
Here are the seven ways to grow your business network –
- Use good networking etiquette. Avoid the hard sell and focus on “soft publicity.”
- Encourage your acquaintances to promote your business to their networks as well.
- Get involved in your community.
- Utilize all social media channels relevant to your business.
- Join local business groups or chambers of commerce.
- Attend networking events.
- Get involved in civic organizations.
4. Use Online Marketing Tools
Perform all the basic online marketing tactics, such as local SEO (registering on Google My Business maps and listing your business info), online directories, and platforms in your niche. You can also use Yelp, Thumbtack, UpWork, and Fiverr.
You can also try paid advertising on Google, Facebook, and Instagram. Try A/B testing and focus on one or two online channels only.
Make sure you have a strong online presence and that your marketing materials are up to date. Attend as many relevant marketing events and meetups as you can. Get active on social media and Increase your visibility through SEO and paid ads.
5. Cultivate Relationships With Potential Clients
Reward and incentivize your social media fans and followers and engage them with your promotions, special offers, and discounts. Encourage them to share their email addresses and contact details with you through google forms, newsletter sign ups, etc., and send them personalized messages like birthday and anniversary wishes through emails.
Here are nine ways to cultivate meaningful relationships with your prospects and social media followers:
- Communicate consistently and effectively.
- Prioritize timely, efficient communication and quick redressal of issues and query handling.
- Try to be as upbeat as possible in your tonality and messages.
- Treat your prospect as an individual and not just a business contact.
- Share knowledge and entertain.
- Be open-minded and ready to accept suggestions.
- Exceed expectations and deliver more than you promise.
- Gather insights about your client’s goals, values, ambitions, and pain points.
- Avoid jargon and speak your client’s language.
6. Make an Engaging Portfolio
A portfolio is a must for digital marketers and agency owners. It’s the first marketing collateral your prospect sees, so be careful, as the first impression is often the last. No two agencies are similar in approach, expertise, and processes, so use your portfolio to showcase everything that makes you stand out.
Here are a few tips to make an engaging portfolio you can use to market your services –
- Create insightful content
- Use SEO to improve the visibility of your portfolio
- Create downloadable case studies in PDF format and promote their URL online
- Display social proof on your website
- Distribute your portfolio on social media
- Include numbers and graphics to support your claims in your case studies
7. Use Webinars to Market Your Services
The popularity of webinars is steadily growing among marketers. It allows your targeted audience to access your marketing content online without physically attending an event or a training session. It also helps you generate leads, convert customers instantly, and shorten your sales funnel. Tap a broader audience using webinars as they become your content marketing assets, even if you can’t attract enough attendees to your current webinar.
With increasing competition, you should find innovative ways to attract leads and convert them into paying customers. We have discussed a few basic steps above that will help you outsmart your competition.
In the digital marketing industry, getting more clients is usually tough without creating a strong brand. So, focus on making a brand and providing outstanding services to your clients. Offer top-notch customer experience and help your clients achieve their goals through consistent innovation and efforts.
You can attract more clients to your agency by focusing on the best ways to stand out. It may include utilizing push notifications, sharing best practices and insights from industry leaders, or responding to client feedback on time.
Whatever route you take, ensure it leads to new customers and high retention rates for your agency. So there, you have it, happy marketing!